The European Chronicles 4.3 Riva del Garda

The European Chronicles - Chapter 4.3

Riva del Garda

As pretty as the lake is (and it is) you're looking at THE reason to ride Europe...small, twisty country roads thru idillic villages surrounded by vineyards.  If you like to travel by motorcycle, it is paradise.



Just look at this road...I was having too much fun to stop and take photos...but it winds and twists its way up from Trento and thru vineyard after vineyard.  Just stunning, as this internet stolen shot shows.



Oh, and there are castles; did I mention there are castles?



This is Castle Belfort, built 1311, burned in 1670 and rebuilt.





More passes to climb, ho hum... 😁 Sella del Bondone



Then Passo Bordala and Passo di Santa Barbara, winding steeply down to Riva del Garda and this:



With a piazza at the northern tip, that's Riva del Garda



The bell tower was built in 1200.



And yes, another castle up on the hill



And one right on the square, the Rocca di Riva, which now houses the Civic Museum of Riva del Garda.



Wet Speed



I'm trying a new hairdo.  Krisanne is concerned about the bees; I've explained that it is my effort to save the Earth...



The Hotel Europa, my digs for the night.  And no, I have no view...



Mia safely away, so I believe it is happy hour...





Tomorrow is a milestone day...a ride to Lago di Como, where I get to settle down for several weeks living la dolce vita and waiting for the most important people in my life to arrive.  😄

Ciao!


Popular Posts