The European Chronicles 2023.10 - Alghero & Ferry Day 3

 Alghero



Alghero is also a walled city, but not as big, nor as dramatic, as Corsica's Bonifacio.








The original layout






Maybe... 😎



Sardinia has its own knife culture... 😂


And coral, coral is a BIG thing.


An even better beach car... 😎. Love the white walls!


Time to head to Porto Torres for the ferry to Toulon, France...Ferry Day 3!!!!!

Relive 'Ferry Day 3'

I've got a bit of a circuitous route planned to get there...making sure I pass the "famed" Elephant Rock


The road leading to this had a barrier up...


"Closed for road work."  Like every other traffic sign in Italy, I guessed this was merely a "suggestion."  I was right, the road was open, no sign of any road work happening... 😂. Great views, too!






"My name's Mike, and I'm perpetually early."


Very interesting couple from France that just spent 2 weeks touring Sardinia by bicycle, and camping along the way.  Hardcore!


This is a much bigger boat than the one from Savona to Bastia, and the loading is much easier.  Bikes are parked single file instead of double, and much more room.  How civilized!




Because I'm now an experienced "ferry-er" I'm looking for the location "tickets" French Scooterwoman said were on the walls...nothing.  I decide to take photos of the bulkheads and the exit door, thinking that might help.



Off to find my cabin...deck 8, same deal as before, find a purser, they let you into the room.  This time, I've got a porthole.  Much bigger room for 4.  Bunk beds fold down over the ones in the photo.


Arrivederci Sardegna!



I'm checking out the ship and come across this sign:


Notice the "Garage Zones"?  They are indicated by little nautical figures.  I remember I'm on deck 5; check my photo and see that I'm in the "Seahorse" section.  Would you have remembered the little seahorse figure without a photo, and without knowing that little sea figures were going to be important?  More "you don't know what you don't know."  Too fucking funny.

Some meh pasta and a caprese salad, a drink at the bar swapping stores with two French couples on Motos heading home, and off to my cabin.

Sunrise...


Cappuccino...


Land...


And, we're off!


Heading to the Gorges du Verdon

Relive 'To Gorges du Verdon'

Relatively uninteresting until...





Ahhhhh...I'm home...😎




Ciao!




Popular Posts