The European Chronicles 2023.16 - Swiss Hospitality and The Candy Store

 Visiting, Coaching and Bling(ing)



I've known Chris for about 15 years...we met when he lived in Tucson and we were both members of the local BMW motorcycle club.  He finally came to his senses and moved back to paradise; if schedules allow, I try to swing by every year I'm there.  This year, it worked out perfectly.  He recently returned from a 3 week bicycle trip in Germany, and I could make his place on my way back to Heidelberg.

Chris' backyard view...like I said... 😂


I head out of Andermatt, but first have to make my own visit to the Andermatt Shell.





Heading toward Klausen Pass


Very lush, green, wet and beautiful.




Relive 'To Chris'

Lots of cows...with giant bells...such a great soundtrack!




At the top



Even more on the way down


Really, really pretty.  Switzerland is stunning.


The end of the pass is marked with a cobblestone hairpin...  ðŸ˜‚




"Who dares, loses.  Your police."  At least according to Google.  ðŸ˜Ž


Chris was out cleaning his Kawasaki when I arrived.


Over the next couple of days, we did some loop rides and visited an interesting castle in Liechtenstein.  






The castle:  Burg Gutenberg


With vineyards...





Also spent some time coaching Chris' 16 year old niece who just got the Moto 3 days ago and is learning to ride.  Awesome!


Like all of the EU, in Switzerland you have to start out on a small, power restricted bike and take many classes, both "on road" and "theory."  Her class starts next weekend.


Time to leave; Chris is off on Mondays so we ride to lunch before I head to the "candy store."  ðŸ˜‚




Great lunch with the above view; Chris heads back home, I'm going to the Held Flagship Store.  I've literally worn my gloves out this year, need a new pair.  Been buying Held gloves since the 1990s, how could I not go to the source?


A veritable feast of quality gear...like an REI for Motos.






My new Air Stream 3.0 gloves...like buttah...I should have bought two pair; 40 bucks cheaper than in the states, even with the exchange rate.  I'll just have to swing by next year too...  ðŸ˜Ž


Quick highway blast to Munich, Mia goes in the Bat Cave


Stay tuned...this is "Museum Week"...BMW (car and Moto), Mercedes and Porsche, all as I work my way back to Heidelberg.

Relive 'The Candy Store'


Ciao!


Popular Posts