The European Chronicles - 2021 Ch. 6

 What is it about Pitztal?


There's something about this place in Austria that just "feels good."  Hard to describe; it is a long, beautiful valley filled with waterfalls cascading down mountains on each side.  A dead end road; perhaps that's it:  you have to want to be here.  Things slow down, laid back, relaxed.  The air is crisp, clean, fragrant, intoxicating.







I like it.  A lot.

Plus, there's the Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten, an absolutely fabulous place I discovered in 2019, and wanted to return.

They greet you with Prosecco; definitely my kind of place.




They treat Mia well, too.


My view:



Some Zen...


Tough duty.  ðŸ˜Ž

A loop out to Timmelsjoch Pass, where the motorcycle museum at the top burned down this past winter.  They are in the process of rebuilding.







"You are on a Moto, you just go around."  Said to me in 2019 by the desk clerk at a hotel in Bolzano, Italy.  True throughout Europe.



And look what I found at breakfast:


Waste not, want not...



And then there's the planning for the next day...



It was probably the two cocktails...I don't know what I was thinking with this route.  Far, far, FAR too long, 240 miles, 385 kilometers.  A 200-220 kilometer day is a "long" day on these tiny roads.  I blame it on the Spritz.

Regardless, after the first 75 miles or so, I turned around.  But boy, what a great ride, even though I didn't make it to the "target" of Gerlos Pass.  So what, it's the journey, weedhoppa...

This section was incredible:






Turn left, now, now, now...


Even the cows are chill.







And on the way back...




A stunning ride.

Tomorrow:  the glacier and a very, very high coffee... 

Cheers!


Popular Posts