The European Chronicles - 2022 Prologue

 One Month Out



Last year was the no plan, plan; this year, some plans but still lots of flexibility to wander with the weather.

So what's on deck?

I fly out Thursday, 21 July to Frankfurt, arriving the next day.  Mia does not need any service this year other than an oil change to start (hopefully), but the first couple of days will be, as always, spent in Heidelberg at Stefan's Moto B&B to get things sorted and recover from the inevitable jet lag.

Mia, the last time I saw her:


Looking forward to seeing Stefan's expansion, which was in progress last year.  He added substantially to the storage capacity, and also updated his website.  Knopf Moto

Mia even gets featured on a few pages, you can see her here in the new storage area, peaking out from behind the GS, to the left of the post.



Stefan...


Candidly, without his services, none of this would be possible, certainly not easily.

I'll head out that Sunday and wander for about a week, direction weather dependent.  Then over to Switzerland to visit my friend Chris for a few days, and I expect some guided tours.  ðŸ˜Ž

Chris' place from 2019...


His backyard view.


I'm then off for some training, the Edelweiss Alps Riding Academy, specifically.  This is a week long school with some range exercises and on road riding, led by Christian Preining, who was my first Edelweiss tour guide back in 2005.  Alps Riding Academy




Really looking forward to this.  Sure beats another track school here in Arizona!  The BMWMOA will even kick back $250 of the cost as part of my membership.  Plus, as is usual for Edelweiss, the hotel looks fantastic.  Bemelmans Post


After that, I've got a couple of weeks with no particular place to be.  Might stay in the Dolomites, maybe wander back to France, perhaps Slovenia, maybe the Motogp race in Austria...the weather and my mood will decide.

Then, back to Lago di Como and Casa Olea in Perledo.  This is the 2020 reservation we've kicked because of Covid.  Really didn't want to extend it any further, so even though I'm solo this year, we're going to "use it up" and I'll have to suffer for a couple of weeks to close out the trip.


If it's open, I'd like to get to the Moto Guzzi museum while I'm there...it's only about 20 minutes away.


Then one or two days back to Stefan's in Heidelberg, prep Mia for storage and fly back 8 September.

That's the plan, Stan.  Can't wait!!




Update:  22 June...look what came in the mail today!



There are only 5 other riders in the training, all from Germany.  Should be fantastic, and we stay one night on Lake Garda, at the Poiano Resort. Poiano Lake Garda

More tough duty...





Popular Posts