Will 2022 Measure Up?

 What will this year bring?

If you know, please share!  Back in January 2020, no one thought we'd be here...but as Jim Jeffries says, "This is me now."  All of us, really.



And I'm pretty sure that even though Ginger is only 8 this year, she's reached her full height.  ðŸ˜Ž. In case you don't know what this is, they warn you of the water depth when a wash is running, hopefully preventing someone from driving into it.  They are not always successful.


Normally, post-retirement, I try to start the new year with a trip, but with Omicron currently raging and setting case records in Arizona and every surrounding state (not to mention the effing World), the juice just isn't worth the squeeze right now.  Maybe in mid-February after we pass "peak crazy."

So day trips and planning.


It is somewhat ironic that this road meanders through mine tailings...


The European Plan


We still have Casa Olea at Lago di Como reserved for Krisanne's two weeks.  I expect the view to be about the same. 😄



While I/we are there this year, I'd like to tour the Moto Guzzi museum, literally right "down the road," about 20 miles away.  Hopefully, covid has subsided and it is open; right now, it's still closed.







Not that I'd buy another Guzzi after my Griso debacle, but the new Mandello V100 sure is purrrrrty.  Must...resist...must...resist...



I've got the Edelweiss Alps Riding Academy booked, and just made fully refundable flight reservations for myself: late July through early September, seven full weeks.  



The BMW MOA will even give me $250 toward this training...always good to keep your skills sharp.  Christian, the instructor, was my first Edelweiss tour guide and he's a fantastic rider, raced at the Isle of Man, and fun to be around.  Over dinner, I asked him how he memorized a 30 mile long course; his reply: "You remember the places that will kill you."  So Austrian. 😂

In the Dolomites with Christian, back in 2005.  The trip that made me want MORE!



The rest of the time will be wandering, no bookings, no plan.  Hit the passes where the weather looks best. Find hotels with a spa.  ðŸ˜„

Krisanne's not yet sure about international travel, she does not want to get stuck quarantining for her vacation.  For me, the risk is that I would test positive before flying home and have to quarantine at Stefan's Moto B&B.  If Krisanne tests positive before she flies back, she ends up at a Milan quarantine hotel for 5-10 days and misses work.  Her reluctance is completely understandable.

So, still up in the air, but I'll go if travel is allowed.  Frankly, this past summer I felt safer in Europe than here...the protocols are stricter and people/businesses actually follow them.  I've got FFP2 masks in inventory at Stefan's...and Mia is patiently waiting.



Day Trips

The Arivaca Road repaving is not yet complete, although they are close.  End of January is my guess.





The new Tumbleweed Cafe is "open-ish," on some days, but not when I've been there, will try it soon.


I have to put this here...GK gets a pill every day to help his calcium levels.  Have you ever pilled a cat?


Krisanne normally does this, but she casually throws, "Could you pill the cat, I didn't get to it?" as she strolls out the door.  Sure thing.

About 11 attempts later, I think I've got it.  Get the riding gear out of the garage, take a shower, come out to find this:



Mind you, I pilled him in the kitchen, on the other side of the house, about 15 minutes ago.  He "McMurphy-ed" the pill, sauntered down the hall, jumped up on the bed, and spit it out so I could see it.


Cats.  I, of course, left the pill for Nurse Ratched.  ðŸ˜‚









Popular Posts