Pandemic Pieces

 Pieces of a life are all we really have now.



That sounds more than a bit whiny, doesn't it?  And it is, of course, especially when even the ferocious Velociraptor must mask up.  I was so, so, so hopeful for 2021 getting back to normal, and it still might...hope dies slowly.  But the reality is that our vaccine rollout has been slow, the EU's rollout even slower (Germany, Mia's home base, in particular), so the chance we will spend the summer in Europe still seems remote.  Not yet giving up, I can roll my mid-June flight forward, and as long as we can go for August, I'd be happy.  Ecstatic, really.

As I type, Krisanne and I are scheduled for our second Moderna shots this coming Wednesday.  We truly hit the "vaccine lottery."  Got our first shots during what was a fortuitous "Christopher Walken" window at the Tucson Convention Center, and may actually get our second shots on time, although the recent winter weather is playing havoc with the supply chain.  Monday and Tuesday shots may be postponed, Wednesday shots should move forward as planned.  Fingers crossed.

Mission and Arivaca Roads are a frequent go to:






Sometimes heading to Madera Canyon:





Gadsden Coffee, sadly, still not sold.



The lack of traffic presents some fun photo opportunities.  How can you resist Balloonland?




And Ramon is ready to slam it



Now, I want to state right from the off that I'm inordinately proud of this picture's composition.  Even though almost no-one I've shown it to "gets it."  The bicycle rack forms the tail of the snake in the sign.  Is that applause I hear?




Why yes, yes it is...  You're welcome.




Yes is a wonderful word.  Be well, be safe.



Popular Posts